Dasera’s vision is to reinvent data security for the way cloud-ﬁrst organizations use data. With 4,000 breaches a year, data security is a broken promise. We believe that data security is sacred; a fundamental human right worth fighting for to make the world a safer place.
Dasera helps companies secure data that traditional tools like access control and DLP aren’t designed to address. The platform manages data sprawl, monitors data in-use, and discovers misconfiguration and permission errors. Only Dasera secures the entire data lifecycle - from creation to deletion - to prevent breaches once and for all. The platform finds where sensitive cloud data is stored, detects data store misconfigurations, analyzes permissions, monitors data in use, and tracks data lineage. Recognized among the Top 10 cloud security startups in 2021 by CRN, Dasera was co-founded by serial-entrepreneurs Ani Chaudhuri and Noah Johnson and is backed by Sierra Ventures.
About the job:
We’re looking to hire full-stack software engineers who are excited to learn new technologies and comfortable diving in to different levels of our stack. Although we strongly prefer candidates possess some amount of related experience, we care less about specialized skills and more that you are able to learn quickly and willing to contribute wherever is needed. As an early team member, your work will have a lot of impact and you’ll help shape the culture of the company.
- Work with the engineering team to design, build, and test our cloud-based platform including front-end, back-end, and services
- Participate in feature estimation, feature prioritization, sprint planning, biweekly sprints, code reviews, and sprint retros
- Contribute to product development: understand customer needs and work with the product team to design, plan, and implement new features
- Support early customers of our software by investigating and fixing production issues
- Help us improve our processes and make the right tradeoffs between agility, cost, and reliability
- BS degree in Computer Science
- Experience with at least 2 of the following:
- 2+ years back-end development (e.g. REST API) for enterprise B2B product
- 2+ years web development (React or other framework) and HTML/CSS expertise
- 2+ years Java or Scala experience
- Development on cloud platforms including AWS
- Data warehouse/database experience (as data scientist or DBA) and SQL expertise
- Good communication skills
- Willing to learn, challenge yourself, and share your ideas with the team
- Able to multitask and wear many hats in a fast-paced environment. This week you might lead design of a new feature, next week you are fixing a critical bug or improving our CI infrastructure
- Prior experience working at a start-up or in a small team; experience with agile methodologies
- Cybersecurity experience and adversarial thinking
- Highly desirable: familiarity with program analysis techniques, especially static analysis and formal methods
Working at Dasera:
We have ambitious goals but we need the right people to help us get there. We believe in working harding but not burning out. We value individuals but work together and share credit as a team. We avoid egos and office politics at all costs. We strive to build an open, supportive culture where everyone enjoys coming to work each day and feels their contributions are appreciated. We hire people who share these values.
What to expect:
After you submit your CV, we’ll set up a video meeting to introduce you to Dasera. Then, you'll go through 2 60-minute online coding exercises with two engineering team members. Finally, you'll have another round of video introductions with engineering leadership.
Our “move fast” start-up mentality extends to our interview process: if your schedule permits, we can complete this process and provide a decision in less than a week.