Senior Software Engineer - Scala
Dasera helps organizations operationalize their data governance programs. Most recently recognized as one of the ten finalists for the RSA Conference 2022 Innovation Sandbox Contest for our work continually and automatically monitoring context and enforcing data governance policies, we are seeking experienced engineers with Scala expertise and a readiness to build the first DataGovOps platform.
About the team:
We are a distributed team of engineers who have a passion for learning new skills and building great products. Our product has been built from the ground up in Scala, on top of the Lightbend stack (Play/Akka). We run in 2-week sprints and release our software continuously.
About the job:
We’re looking to hire full-stack software engineers who are excited to learn new technologies and comfortable diving into different levels of our stack. For this position, we are seeking experienced candidates with specialized skills that are able to jump in, learn quickly, and willing to contribute wherever is needed. As an early team member, your work will have a lot of impact and you’ll help shape the culture of the company.
- Work with the engineering team to design, build, and test our cloud-based platform including front-end, back-end, and services
- Participate in feature estimation, feature prioritization, sprint planning, biweekly sprints, code reviews, and sprint retros
- Contribute to product development: understand customer needs and work with the product team to design, plan, and implement new features
- Support early customers of our software by investigating and fixing production issues
- Help us improve our processes and make the right tradeoffs between agility, cost, and reliability
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Are an experienced Scala developer with at least 5 years of industry experience
- Experience with at least 2 of the following:
- 5+ years back-end development (e.g. REST API) for enterprise B2B product
- 5+ years web development (React or other framework) and HTML/CSS expertise
- Development on cloud platforms including AWS
- Data warehouse/database experience (as data scientist or DBA) and SQL expertise
- Good communication skills
- Willing to learn, challenge yourself, and share your ideas with the team
- Able to multitask and wear many hats in a fast-paced environment. This week you might lead design of a new feature, next week you are fixing a critical bug or improving our CI infrastructure
- Prior experience working at a start-up or in a small team; experience with agile methodologies
- Cybersecurity experience and adversarial thinking
- Highly desirable: familiarity with program analysis techniques, especially static analysis and formal methods
Working at Dasera:
We have ambitious goals but we need the right people to help us get there. We believe in working hard but not burning out. We value individuals but work together and share credit as a team. We avoid egos and office politics at all costs. We strive to build an open, supportive culture where everyone enjoys coming to work each day and feels their contributions are appreciated. We hire people who share these values.
What to expect:
After you submit your CV, we’ll set up a video meeting to introduce you to Dasera. Then, you'll go through 2 60-minute online coding exercises with two engineering team members. Finally, you'll have another round of video introductions with engineering leadership.
Our “move fast” start-up mentality extends to our interview process: if your schedule permits, we can complete this process and provide a decision in less than a week.
This is a remote position with US time zone typical working hours.
$150,000 - 175,000 USD annually